Monday, March 3, 2008

Why My Dad Is The Best



Recently, my sister Meg wrote in her blog about the origin of her unwavering love for the U of U. It was titled "the year I became a Ute". The next entry had a picture of several "Utah" souvenir items (a mug, flag, and license plate cover), from a very thoughtful and proactive father. How sweet was that? Anyway, here is the comment that I left: "It's like when celebrities mention a product on TV, and then get it sent to them! Do you think this would work for me too if I exclaimed my love of say... beef jerky?!?!". Thus explains the delicious animal products shown above. Now, I can either feel guilty about luring my poor father into such a cunning plot, or enjoy the salty sweetness of my score. Either way, yum.

My Dad has always done things like this. I don't know why I still get surprised. He is absolutely the best Dad I could ask for. My goal as a parent is to someday have my kids think of me as I do of him.

After thanking him for the treats, my Dad said something like "Yeah, I bet that you wish you'd have been a little more creative than beef jerky now, don't you?". Not even a little bit. Nothing says "I love you" and "You are by far my favorite daughter" (tee-hee :D) like a bit-o-jerky. Love ya Dad.

1 comment:

racharooo said...

I had no idea there was such a variety of jerkies out there! Knowing you and your history of wannabe veganism, I'd be interested in watching you chew on that kangaroo!