Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Tag, I'm It!

I've been "tagged". Everyone is surely on pins and needles, just waiting for me to divulge more insight about what exactly makes me, Me (please note the sarcasm). Here goes:

10 Years Ago: Oh boy. At this time in 1998, I was preparing to graduate from Lone Peak High School! With only a few months to go, I was already as good as gone - that's why I am still shocked by the fact that my last term was the only time I ever managed to pull a 4.0! I was itching to leave the Partridge nest and saving up the money to do so (I had a pretty good wad stashed). I was determined to shed my shy, wall-flower persona and become someone completely different before college (haha). I loved Jared Leto, They Might Be Giants, Primus, "Better Off Dead", and the idea that any day I would finally meet the guy I was supposed to marry.... Christian Bale. This was also the climactic period of the "Kate vs Meg" throw-downs, they were EPIC!
If I could go back now, I think that I would just try to enjoy things more. I remember feeling tense all the time.

5 Things On My To-Do List For Today: Seeing how it's almost midnight (my only alone time), my first thing is to get through the night. Specifically, trek back and forth 7-10 times to Ivy's crib when she cries, eventually giving in to what she really wants - a spot between Mom and Dad (perpendicular, I should say).

2 - Potty training

3 - Finish painting my bathroom

4 - Organize closets

5 - Finish the dishes from tonight (I can actually picture Rachael cringe.... and Chrissy's nod of approval)

Snacks I Enjoy: Now we're talking! I could go on and on really. I don't necessarily enjoy "sweets" more than other foods either. Anything with cheese. Hot wings (but not too hot). Guacamole. French Fries (with fry sauce, of course). Strawberries, Peaches, Oranges. Vanilla ice-cream. Cornbread with honeybutter. Salt and Vinegar potato chips. Peanut M&M's. Soft Pretzels (without salt). Cherry Limeades. A really well thought out sandwich. Yum.

If I Were Suddenly A Billionaire: I would move back to Utah (probably still have to move into my parents basement considering how much housing has gone up - haha), hire a housekeeper, take a picture of Todd's face when he hears that he will never have to work again, randomly hand strangers cash and say "hi, I'm worth billions", know I can finally afford to shop at the Gap and Gymboree but still go to Target because I like it, designate half of it specifically for charities, swim in coins a la Scrooge McDuck, travel the world with my family, eat only organic (yeah, right), hire a Personal Trainer, send my kids to any school that they want to go to, give lots and lots of lavish gifts to everyone I love.

3 Bad Habits (only 3?): (1) I am a procrastinator extraordinaire (2) I leave dishes to "soak" (3) I always underestimate how much time things will take

5 Places I Have Lived: Fort Collins, Colorado - Herriman, Utah - Salt Lake City, Utah - Alpine, Utah - Heber, Utah

5 Jobs I've Had: Painter, Wedding Planner/ Consultant/ Bench Mover, Waitress, Under-paid Old Navy Slave, Candy Cane Decorator

5 Things People Don't Know About Me: (1) I'm a terrible liar, I sweat and can't look someone in the eye (or else look at them too hard - like without blinking).
(2) I really want to feel what it would be like to punch someone square in the face (I know, kinda creepy)
(3) I took a kyaking course once, and was the only one in class who couldn't do the "roll over". When the kyak flipped, I'd completely panic and bail out every time - even though we were in a swimming pool! I still get panicky even thinking about it.
(4) I cut my own hair, because salons are a rip-off. I also love to cut other peoples hair (any volunteers?)
(5) I really don't like the color purple, something about it just annoys me.

Well, there's me in a nutshell. After reading this, you either feel like you know me a little better or a little too well. So, "you're welcome" or "I'm sorry" :D. I'm now supposed to "tag" some people, so let's hear from Christina Cloe, Rachael Anne, and Norman.

6 comments:

Mr. Belvedeere said...

i can't believe you liked primus! they were my favorite band for years. I always used 'les claypool' whenever i had to leave a name at restaurants, etc.
also will you please speak to rach and teach her the philosophy behind soaking dishes (or at least leaving them till we're done eating).
plus, i'm totally with you on 'the color purple.' that was a crappy movie and oprah totally sucks.

Mr. Belvedeere said...

what constitutes a well thought-out sandwich?

meg said...

I was pretty sure that by 1998 the throwdowns had ceased. Was I even ever around? But thanks for throwing me under the bus... And I still don't understand the Christian Bale thing...

katetheskate said...

-Primus Rocks.
-Soaking a dish is the ONLY way for it to reach it's cleanest possible final conclusion.
-Almost any sandwich can be "good", but certain combinations just have that "Oh Yeah.." factor. (melting the cheese ups that probability)
-Meg - I thought you had a better memory! I was just trying to give homage to our old fisticuffs. It's actually pretty amazing that we're both still here to discuss it :D. (no bus)
-And as for the Christian Bale thing, it's like art. If you just don't get it, there's no way I'm going to be able to explain it to you.......

chrissy said...

I remember I thought you were super cool ten years ago. I still do, but to an 8 year old you were kinda the shiz.

chrissy said...

I remember I thought you were super cool ten years ago. I still do, but to an 8 year old you were kinda the shiz.