Tuesday, February 5, 2008

It's My Potty, And I'll Cry If I Want To

If you read through my first blog, first of all I'm surprised that you returned, secondly I'm sure that you can recall my feelings about potty training. If not, I'll quote directly from before, "I hate, hate, HATE potty training!".

Right now, as if you couldn't gather already, our home is the site of a potty training war zone. It's ridiculous. Just when you think you've conquered your enemy, you're caught in an ambush. I'm just hoping I make it through. Is there a post-traumatic-stress program for this kind of thing?

It's not that I have a weak stomach. I can change the nastiest diaper without a flinch. I don't hesitate in the slightest way when addressing the goo-iest of runny noses. I'll even drink from the same soda that my kids do, the first quarter of it at least. But when it comes to good old number one and two in the control of a 3 year old boy, things change. I won't go into details, I'll just say that Clorox Wipes hold a prominent position in my nightly prayers. I'm not kidding. If it weren't for those little beauties, I'm not sure that I could handle it.

I'll end this with a shout out to my little guy. This stuff is confusing, and really an odd concept. Not only does he have to deal with figuring out how to control his own plumbing, but also deal with the fact that his mom is kinda wacko. Despite all this, he is a happy, enthusiastic and smart kid. I'm so proud of him, and know that he can bag this thing. Way to go, Seth!!! You're doing great! That being said, the thought that Ivy isn't too far away from the same process, and that we have to do all of this again, makes me want to cry (more).

BTW- Every bump we run into on this road of child-rearing, makes me realize more and more what great parents I have. Thanks Mom and Dad, for teaching me to wipe. :D Gross.

***Five minutes after I finished writing this, I had a "present" waiting for me. My son weighs a whopping 30 lbs. and must have a 1.5 gallon bladder. He's a marvel. I could sell tickets.

1 comment: