Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Sneaky Me

My Dad told me, not long ago, that I was the "sneakiest" of his children. I kinda forgot about it until today, while I was parusing merchandise at the "Dollar Tree" ("All-A-Dollar" was such a better name). We are planning a trip to Disneyland in a few days, a place notorious for overpriced fluff and feathers - the most enticing fluff and feathers of fluff and feathers anywhere. So, I thought that I'd be so smart, and stock up on some Disney paraphenalia before we even get there. Sneaky huh?! I found some Mickey crayons, Mickey Go Fish, etc. But my crowning glory will be this: Nightfall- that's when you realize suddenly that you are completely surrounded by glowing neon. Every kid wants one, a glow-in-the-dark neon necklace, bracelet, twirly-wand, crown, toupee, anything! I, for one, have to debate each time whether to reason with a stubborn 3 year-old that it is "just too expensive" or to dig, oh-so-very-deeply, into our not-so-deep pockets - man that hurts. As soon as Seth turns to me with that pleading look on his face, I'm going to be the coolest Mom ever when I pull out a virtual slew of neon items! And I will have a huge grin on my face, more from the self-righteousness of my own frugality than from actually making Seth happy - oh well. That's the plan anyway.
I know that this is a whole different kind of "sneaky" than what my Dad was talking about, but I'm trying to branch out. :D

*Somebody needs to clue me in on how to add music to this thing*

3 comments:

racharooo said...

You don't need music -- that just scares me the second I open the blog. What you need are pictures! We know you've got em...flaunt em! Norm and I got our Valentines, thanks! They are posted on my fridge.

chrissy said...

uh rach got valentines and I, the lonely stressed college student, did not? Lame, is all I have to say. And to think you wanted me to come for spring break....

Jeff, Di and Ty said...

Hey Kate! Check out my blog, I tagged you!